Sunday, June 28, 2009

Push!

Currently, my paid profession is that of a Registered Nurse. My specialty is Labor & Delivery and I love working with pregnant moms. While I have personally never had a baby, working with women who are ready to deliver their babies has taught me to look out for some characteristics unique to that population. For one thing, her personality is distinctly different from when she first “thinks” she’s in labor to when she actually is. As the time gets closer for her to deliver, she begins to get overwhelmed with the incredible urge to bear down. And when she is ready, there is no force in heaven or earth or an epidural that can stop the show!

So it should be with our dreams and visions. If you find yourself in a place where you're increasingly uncomfortable, dissatisfied, and downright ornery, you may need to PUSH! Once a seed of greatness has been implanted in you, you can only carry it for so long until you must give birth to it. If you continue to hold back your gifts, you will not be happy and you will make sure others around you aren’t happy, either. So what are you waiting on? Mr. Right? To get a promotion on your job? To hit the lottery? Although those things may come to pass for you at some point, think of all the time you’re wasting waiting for the “right” conditions. As with women who are giving birth naturally, the circumstances may not be ideal, but that baby is coming whether she’s ready or not. So get in position to bring forth your “baby” and PUSH!

4 comments:

  1. I love this blog! You know where I am...so, needless to say, this was very timely. Keep up the good work. I am excited about what God is doing in your life. Much love for ya sista!
    Seante'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girl. You know I appreciate your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly that post was inspired for me this week! My word of the week has been "travail." I have been pregnant with purpose for seven years (that is such a long time to be carrying a "baby" around) and now I'm finally ready to be delivered! I thank you for what you are doing and thank God that we were able to meet at a time like this! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sistah CeCe. Now is the time to go forth and Push! LOL!

    ReplyDelete