Sunday, January 31, 2010

Inspired Sistah's Get-It-Together, Girl Tip #2: Live Deliberately. Practice Living a Life of Intention

Dreams. Hopes. Visions. We all got ‘em. So what’s the difference between those that are doing and those that are not? Some people are making things happen and others of are a-wishin’, and a-hopin’, and a-prayin’. Seriously? This is the season to get going! How long are we going to continue to keep peeking over the edge of the swimming pool wondering how deep the water is? I don’t know about you, but I get sick of hearing myself talking about doing something for too long. I tell myself, “Why don’t you just do it already?!”

What I’m trying to do is admonish you to live a Deliberate Life, a life of Intention, a life of purposeful activity that will actually mean something at the end of the road. What you may have to do is sit down and have a ‘Come to Jesus’ meeting with yourself and evaluate how you’ve been living your life up until this point. Are you just meandering along only to find yourself at the end of a day, week, or month no closer to your goals? Perhaps you have a plan, but are lacking the energy to move forward due to stress, distractions or just a lack of direction. Whatever the hold-up, make a decision to deal with it so that you can get on the path to Intention.

I’ve come to a place in my life where I just want more. Not more stuff, but more fulfillment, more joy, more peace. And I believe the path to getting there is to live a life with deliberate intentions that will ultimately get you to your goal. Sure, there will be some wrong-turns and missteps along the way, but such is life. As the old saying goes, “Nothing beats a failure, but a try.” I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to end this life with my purpose bundled up in my bosom. I want to live a life well-spent, a life of purposeful intent. Shoot, I want to live a Deliberate Life! What about you?

Until next time, be inspired!

Inspired Sistah

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! I have been actively fighting against fear and doubt to reach all of my goals. No more wishing and hoping for me. I got to make something happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Post! I have reached a point in my life where I will not accept mediocrity and fulfilling my destiny. There was not a particular event or "light bulb" that made me make this decision, I just woke one morning and said my dreams will be fulfilled from this day on, TAKE ACTION NOW!

    The Urban PR Socialite, Ahshia

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Live a Deliberate Life, a life of Intention" These are words to live by. Ditto what Ahshia said except I did have a point of getting "fed up". Last year I looked back on some many mistakes I had made, so many situations I just fell into, and so many opportunities I failed to act on and realized that was never acceptable in my life before, and I wasn't going to allow it to be acceptable now.

    ReplyDelete